We have experienced teams
We assist clients with the complex and often contradictory requirements of various jurisdictions regarding the acquisition, use, maintenance and disposition of personal information. We are highly knowledgeable and advise clients on relevant legislation including Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), Health Care Reform, Fair Credit Reporting and state law requirements.
We routinely review and draft privacy policies and procedures for compliance with the major privacy laws, with a focus on assisting insurers implement information security requirements efficiently, as well as provide guidance on security breach notification. We also have extensive experience in structuring joint marketing arrangements among insurers, retailers, banks and other financial institutions. We also routinely assist OEMs and telematics companies in connection with all aspects of their insurance offerings, including privacy compliance.
We have Years of Experience With:
- Drafting privacy policies and procedures
- Drafting and implementing guidelines regarding shared data systems
- Performing comprehensive privacy and information management assessments
- Drafting service provider agreements
- Drafting security breach notification and handle filings with regulators (Attorneys General)
- Counseling the client and its directors, officers and employees regarding privacy and safeguarding standards, as well as issues arising out of business transactions
- Performing privacy and information security due diligence examinations and risk assessments in connection with mergers and acquisitions, co-branding arrangements, and joint ventures
- Performing privacy-related compliance work